A roundup of online restoration news from the world of carriage preservation.
Welcome to the 3rd edition of this quarterly summary of carriage and wagon restoration news. Thank you to those who contacted me from the 1st and 2nd editions. If I have missed any groups out or if you have any information to add please do let me know, either by leaving a comment below or email website [at] lmsca.org.uk
Bluebell Railway — Carriage & wagon works news — GWR open wagon 87782
Isle of Wight Steam Railway —
- Carriage & Wagon News – July 2013 — LBSCR 8-Compartment Third 2403, LBSCR 3-compartment brake third 4115, LBSCR 10 ton goods van 3713, other news including the Changing Trains building.
- Carriage & Wagon News – September 2013 — LBSCR 8-Compartment Third 2403, LBSCR 3-compartment brake third 4115, LBSCR 10 ton goods van 3713, Changing Trains building.
- LMS 7828 Vestibule Third — July 2013, 4,000 Holes in Blackburn Lancashire, Gangway Rebuild, Beading.
- LMS 27162 Vestibule Third — 22nd July, 16th September.
- LNER 641 Buffet — and is .
- LNER 1623 — 22nd August, 23rd August,
- LNER 3669 BTK — arrives at Pickering
Mid Hants Railway —
- Carriage & Wagon shop blog.
- Carriage Report — July (1), July (2), 12th September.
- Wagon Group Report — 9th July, 16th, 6th August, 13th, 19th, 27th, 2nd September, 9th, 16th, 24th, 30th.
National Railway Museum —
- Travelling in style: luggage racks and wall paneling in railway carriages — Wolverton Works drawings
- The Lithographer’s Art — A look at the principles of the process of making railway posters
- The world’s second oldest profession — Gilding
- Textile design and ‘re-branding’ the railways — Wolverton Works drawing of LMS monogram for rugs.
- Hidden Treasures: a sneak peek behind the scenes — A look inside the archives
Railway Vehicle Preservations — News — LNER TTO 23981, LNER Buffet Car 24278, LNER TPO Stowage Van 70268, shed appeal.
Scottish Railway Preservation Society — Rebuilding Gresley TK 10021 – Chapter 7
Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust — Restoration news — LNER Pigeon Van 70759, LNER TTOs 43600 & 52255.