A collection of some of the techniques and skills involved with carriage preservation and restoration.
- Beading — Making jigs for use with a router.
- Canvassing — Fitting a canvas to a wooden carriage or wagon roof.
- Lettering and Lining — Basic techniques, varnish fix transfers.
- Netting — Making nets that are ideal for luggage racks.
- Toilet Tank Filling — Fitting an internal low level tank filling system to a carriage with roof filler.
- Wood Bending — Using steam to help bend lengths of wood.
PDF Information Sheets
- 1: Luggage rack netting
- 2: Basic lining tecniques (BR style)
- 4: Simple beading jigs
- 7: Varnish fix transfers
Carriage Preservation Roundup
A roundup of online restoration news from the world of carriage (and wagon) preservation.
Carriage Perservation — links to resources mentioned here, carriage preservation organisations, and carriage preservation overseas.